|A sample of a cover song by Miyakawa-kun|
"Fire◎Flower", composed by halyosy
Miyakawa-kun (みやかわくん) is a fairly new utaite who started uploading his covers from 2015.
He has an impressive voice which is shown perfectly in his first cover "Gikyoku to Deforme Toshi". In this song, Miyakawa-kun sings in a wide vocal range, starting with a high feminine timbre and then changing into a deep low male voice, switching smoothly between many different styles; he even sings some of the lyrics by grunting them and ends the song off with a remarkably long note. Thus, this cover quickly gained views, reaching its 150k milestone in less than 7 months; it also is his most popular song with more than 200k views after one year on both NND and Youtube. He also got more than 10k favorites/subscribers at the same time.
All of his covers were mixed by the producer/utaite Zips, who is one of the only 2 producers that Miyakawa-kun covered more than one song; the other is n-buna. They also named their collab unit Miyapusu and made original can badges for it.
Affiliations and Collaboration ProjectsEdit
- Miyapusu (みやっぷす) with Pusu
List of Covered SongsEdit
- "Kamikaze Express" feat. TakutoxMiyakawa-kun - Released on February 14, 2018
- 56th Ending theme of the Detective Conan anime
- Although his name includes "-kun", he still loves to be called with "-chan".
- He describes himself as a "docile pervert" on his instagram.
- Through his videos on Vine, he seems to be a member of the football club in his high school.
- He has excellent turning pen skills.
- The girl Imoko in the duet cover "Umiyuri Kaiteitan" is his younger sister.