|A sample of a cover song by Rockleetist|
"Strobe Nights" -English Anniversary ver.-, composed by kz
Rachel Gravelle is a former American YouTube singer known for creating and singing English translyrics of VOCALOID songs. She is one of the most well known and popular YouTube singers, with over 70K subscribers on her channel. She sometimes goes to conventions to participate in panels in the USA.
In November 2012, she became a YouTube partner with Fullscreen Inc. As is said in her announcement, this is expected to encourage her to produce more video content for her fans.
Her voice is often metallic and techno-like, resembling some of her depictions. She sings in a voice that often attempts to emulates that of Hatsune Miku in many of her VOCALOID songs. Surprisingly this isn't done using autotune but achieved through practice and hard work. For other songs, she is able to sing with a voice that is described as "soft and soothing".
Her most popular cover is her English version of "Hitobashira Alice", with over 962K views as of March 2014.
Part of the process of creating a cover is explained in her list of frequently asked questions. The time required depends on the song, and varies from 2 hours to days on end. She "spends hours upon hours sitting at a desk with a thesaurus, rhyming dictionary, and notebooks working out lyrics, synonyms, and antonyms for hundreds of words that will allow" her to rewrite the lyrics into an acceptable form while maintaining the original meaning. "She may take a sentence and write out several different ways in different styles to see what flows with the song in a [...] fluid and natural manner." Creating duets is described as an even more difficult process because doing so requires effort in vocal blending and filtering the sound correctly. 
Despite her popularity and busy livelihood, she enjoys receiving comments, questions, requests, and fanart. She especially likes the drawings of herself by Ookz as is noted in a tumblr post.
On September 17th, 2019, Rachel stated that she is retiring the "Rockleetist" moniker, stating she wants to pursue and do new things without being attached to outdated projects from a decade prior. She also stated that there's a high chance she'll retire old Vocaloid videos and change her channel content to more personal to her current lifestyle and what she finds fulfillment in. 
Affiliations and Collaboration ProjectsEdit
List of Covered SongsEdit
Songs on SoundCloudEdit
- She has a pet female hedgehog named Hershey.
- She knows how to play the piano, guitar, and violin.
- She's had vocal training for R&B and Jazz, as well sing acapella barbershop with Sweet Adelines International; an International Organization for women singers as a tenor (Soprano 1, SATB).
- "Rockleetist" is a mashup of two things: Rock Lee from Naruto and "elite".
- She is a fan of Nekomura Iroha's mature voice.
- Her parents were professional DJs.
- She planned on releasing original songs in 2013.
- She has mentioned in a livestream that she likes to keep her music/lyrics clean and without anything too explicit.
- She always contacts each producer before covering songs for permission before she records/uploads a song.
- Her RIP=RELEASE lyrics were used for Luka's official V4 English demo. Her Just Be Friends lyrics were used in another demo of Luka's English voicebanks as well
- She has gotten married on Halloween
- She has a pet beagle/boxer named Toffee
- Her favorite musical groups are Prozzak, Steam Powered Giraffe, and The Megas.
- She hates it when people make nightcore versions of her music
- ↑ Rockleetist correcting the information about autotune on her Facebook group
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Rockleetist's FAQ tumblr page
- ↑ Twitter status about her hedgehog
- ↑ A screenshot of a Facebook status
- ↑ Twitter status about Nekomura Iroha
- ↑ Twitter status about her parents
- ↑ Twitter status about her plans in 2013
- ↑ Rockleetist's comment regarding copyright
- ↑ https://twitter.com/rockleetist/status/650773936838471681
- ↑ https://twitter.com/rockleetist/status/869352911167533057
- ↑ https://twitter.com/rockleetist/status/869357450612355074
- ↑ https://twitter.com/rockleetist/status/869356733558398977